Know the Differences between Built-in Furniture & Loose Furniture – Furniture or furniture is the main requirement in a dwelling where space requirements affect the selection of furniture. Along with the times, the types of furniture have become more diverse from time to time. Now the function of the furniture is not only as a space-filler but also as a necessity to complement the activities of people in the room.
Choosing furniture is not just paying attention to the visuals but also having to know the characteristics of the furniture you want to use, often many people are still confused about choosing between built-in furniture or loose furniture. Have you ever heard the term about built-in furniture and loose furniture?
Built-in furniture is more suitable if you want to build a new house from scratch because it can adjust furniture to the size of your residential space and also your concept, for example, if you want a minimalist residential concept then choose a more geometric and rigid form of furniture, whereas if you want a classic concept then the furniture can be in a more unique shape with a special ornament or carving touch to support your concept.
Built-in furniture is perfect for those who have a small and limited living space. While loose furniture is more suitable for those of you who buy a finished house and don’t want to be bothered, because if you use built-in furniture, of course, there will be parts in the house that must be dismantled first because of the nature of the construction that is attached to the building, so it’s better to use loose dominance furniture only
Before you buy furniture, it’s a good idea to think carefully about what types of furniture are following your personal needs and your living space. Not only form and function, but you need to pay attention from a budget perspective. The following is a more detailed explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of the two pieces of furniture
Built-in furniture is a term for furniture that cannot be moved or is permanently fixed in one place, in Indonesian it is often referred to as “planting furniture”.
This furniture is made with the construction that blends with the wall, floor, or ceiling and follows the size and shape of the room you want to design with the model, color, and furniture material you want. Examples include kitchen sets, wardrobes, bookshelves, backdrops, and others. Built-in furniture has the following advantages and disadvantages:
The advantages of built-in furniture:
- With a size and shape that can adapt to the room, built-in-furniture can save space in space, especially if your occupancy is small or compact, such as a studio apartment or one-story house.
- Built-in furniture is custom so that it can be adjusted to your concept and desires, starting from choosing materials, colors to furniture models.
- By choosing this type of furniture can make the house look wider and tidier so that it gives a spacious impression on the dwelling.
- Built-in furniture materials tend to be of higher quality because the materials used must be durable and sturdy. If it is installed, the built-in furniture will be difficult to repair or dismantle, so make sure the design is according to taste or choose a timeless or timeless design.
- Built-in furniture is usually made multifunctional or has more than one use, for example under a study table you can make drawers as storage. This type of furniture is right for those who have a lot of items but don’t have a special warehouse or storage area for these items.
- The possibility of production defects is very minimal because it is custom furniture that is specially designed and designed to be directly installed in a residential space.
Disadvantages of built-in furniture:
- Because it is custom or designed according to the owner’s wishes (in terms of design, material, color, and furniture installation), the costs incurred tend to be more expensive.
- The process of working on built-in furniture is quite long because it has to go through a long process, starting from the measurement in space, the design process, material selection, manufacturing to the process of installing furniture in the room.
- Is an item of planting furniture that requires additional costs for demolition, especially for those of you who live in the old house.
Loose furniture in Indonesian is called “loose furniture”. Is a piece of furniture whose construction is not tied to the building and can be moved, and allows you to change the look and feel of a residential space from time to time by simply changing the position of the furniture placement. Examples such as chairs, sofas, living room tables, credenza, and others. Loose furniture has several advantages and disadvantages as follows:
Loose furniture advantages:
- Practical and fast, very easy to get and can be purchased directly from all furniture stores, perfect for those of you who don’t want to be bothered and wait a long time.
- The use of loose furniture makes the character of the residential space more attractive because you can experiment with moving the position of the furniture placement. Examples such as tables or chairs in the living room.
- Prices for loose furniture tend to be cheaper and more affordable because they are mass-produced from production factories so that operational costs can be reduced which makes loose furniture prices more affordable.
- There are many choices from various brands on the market and in it there are many choices of types and types of furniture such as tables, chairs, cabinets, and others that you can choose from.
- Can be designed self-taught without having to pay for interior designers. It is suitable for those of you who have a limited budget.
Lack of loose furniture:
- Because it already has a normal standard size from the production factory, loose furniture cannot be adjusted to the size of your living space, for example, such as chairs and dining tables.
- Loose furniture has been made based on the design of each production plant, so it cannot match the color or material of your living space. Not suitable for those of you who want to have a special concept on housing.
- There may be a defective product, because loose furniture is mass-produced by the factory in a large quantity, thus allowing for errors in production.
This is an explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of built-in furniture and loose furniture. In conclusion, each type of furniture has advantages and disadvantages that you can adjust according to space, time, and budget requirements that you have.
But ideally, in a residence, there must be built-in furniture and loose furniture depending on which furniture you choose dominantly. If you want furniture that is unique and unusual, choose built-in furniture, but if you want practical and efficient furniture, it’s better to use loose furniture.